Saturday, October 22, 2011

Close to Home

Today is my second day of work, and so far, everything has been great! I'm so grateful that I had this opportunity to help the Joplin community rebuild their past.  Being raised in Nevada, MO, only an hour from Joplin, I was in Joplin frequently shopping, going to sporting events, and doing everything else Joplin offered.  Seeing the town now is devestating and I know things will never be the same.  Although things will never be the same, it's awesome that I, and everyone else who has helped rebuild Joplin, are trying so hard to get things back as close to normal as possible for this wonderful community. 

The rest of the team and myself are working as hard as we can to get some projects finished so we can start on new projects.  I believe we are going on-site sometime today and I'm super excited to see all the homes!


Emily